I'm Judit, owner, and designer at The Sweet Designs Shoppe. Welcome to my blog, where you will find a permanent home for everything cookie decorating. From recipes to tips, color palettes, and packaging ideas to shopping, packaging, and must-haves. I cannot wait to share my knowledge with you.
Search your topic
TOP 4 POSTS
Hey! Let's be Cookie Friends! Let me simplify your cookie decorating journey right to your inbox. Recipes, tips, tricks, color palette ideas, new trends and products for cookiers, and packaging ideas. You in?
I’m passionate about decorating, gifting, and selling mini cookies. These bite-sized 2″ treats aren’t only adorable, but also delicious. They can impress people of all ages, even if the decorations are simple. Our cookie cutters are designed to make it easy for you to create them. You can choose from our pre-made sets or create your own. To minimize decorating time while still having a big impact, personally, I think it would be a good idea to combine intricate and elaborate designs with simpler and more straightforward ones. This way, you’ll get a nice balance that looks great but won’t take too much of your time.
After choosing your cookie sets, the next exciting step is selecting the packaging. It can be a lot of fun to experiment with different packaging options. Personally, I enjoy designing both the cookies and their packaging, and love sharing my ideas with others. Here are some ways to elevate your mini cookie decorating game through creative packaging.
*Before we begin, I want to make a disclaimer that my mini cookies are only 2 inches in size and don’t spread much. The number of cookies you can fit in your packaging will vary depending on the size of your mini cookies (if they are truly 2″x2″) and how much they spread.
1. Cellophane bags: Here’s an easy and affordable method to package mini cookies beautifully. You can package 2-5 cookies using this method. Adding a ribbon or bow is essential, but if you want to take it up a notch, consider attaching a tag that matches the holiday or occasion.
2. Clear Boxes: Our clear boxes are a wonderful upgrade from using cellophane bags. They’re really tough and make for such attractive packaging, especially when adding a backer. Depending on your needs and wants, our clear boxes make it even more special. You can add a ribbon or bow to enhance its appearance. And if you really want to go all out, consider attaching a tag to make it even more adorable!
(*Remember the disclaimer at the top of the post when it comes to your cookies.)
3. Tins or containers: Many folks love getting tins or containers as gifts because they can repurpose them after the cookies are gone. This not only adds value to the package but also promotes sustainability. They make fantastic presents and require no extra wrapping, which is super handy for anyone looking for a top-notch, ready-to-gift option. Plus, using containers can give a sense of quality and attention to detail, which could make customers more willing to spend extra for cookies presented in this way. You can add cute ribbons and tags to step it up a notch. Amazon, Target, and Wal-Mart are great places to get seasonal containers for your cookies.
4. Mason Jars: Mason jars are a great alternative to tins and containers, as they are a classic choice that works well for any occasion or season. The best part is that you don’t have to worry about pre-packaging the cookies in cellophane bags, as mason jars keep them fresh for a long time. Not only are they practical, but they also look visually stunning. Mason jars come in different sizes, so you can package mini cookies in varying quantities based on your preference. Additionally, you can easily personalize the jars with your business logo or label, which helps reinforce your brand identity and makes your products more recognizable. My personal favorite is the 16oz Glass Wide Mouth jars because the wide mouth makes it easy to arrange minis.
5. Advent boxes and calendars: I love this tradition, whether you sell cookies or are doing it for friends and family, advent calendars are a great option. Make sure the packaging fits 2“ cookies. For friends and family I like to browse Target, they have affordable options. I love Miss Cookie Packaging Advent boxes for business options, cookies fit perfectly and you can buy in bulk.
Choose from different cookie flavors, shapes, and designs for each day to cater to different preferences and have little ones not only guessing the new shape but also the flavor. Advent calendars can also help establish long-term relationships with clients and result in publicity for your company on social media for 24 days in a row.
6. Cookies on a stick: People are naturally drawn to novel and creative food presentations. Cookies on a stick provide a twist on the classic cookie. They can be individually wrapped or decorated to match the event’s theme. If you sell cookies, this is a great option for a more affordable option for your clients who might want to gift cookies to a whole classroom or many friends. Adding cute ribbons to the cookie stick and a tag may also allow you to simplify the cookie design minimizing the decorating time.
(*If you want to know how I attached the stick without baking go watch my Instagram post.)
Take a look at our exceptional Cookie Cutter Shop where you can find a wide range of pre-designed sets that are specifically curated to cater to any occasion.
For inspiration on how to package minis: